Thursday 21 July 2011

One week to go

My last post was a little downbeat. As I said before, recently these trips to Italy have been less than stellar. However, things are going really well.

There is a whole load of stuff to do in Rome. Number one of which is things to see. Coupled with the size of the place and the less than well designed subway system, it's impossible to run out of stuff to see. Every corner of this city has something new and interesting.



I've met people. Two things have contributed to this. The first is Reddit; These guys hail from the Internet. The second is the yellow bar. It's over the road from where I'm working and full of travelling Europeans, Americans, and Australians. Just show up and it isn't long before I'm having a laugh. So I'm not on my own.

Oh yeah and the stuff I'm working on is good. Without being too technical, sometimes these old tools aren't so well preserved once you start really looking at them. The stuff here in Rome, from Grotta di Pozzo, is in very good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment