Tuesday 17 March 2009

Office Live Workspace - works 50% of the time, everytime!

Working with Office Live Workspace is not going as well as I would have liked.

Jessica and I have had no problems and did a first round of editing with glee. However, things have not gone as smoothly since. Randy tried to install the applet for editing and it hasn't worked and the same happened to Bill. Bill is in the states so I can not try and solve his problem but Randy is right here. On Randy's computer is up-to-date XP and IE7 with Office 2003. The browser does not show the edit button. If he tries to open documents from within word it will let him open his documents so that part works but he can not see any documents shared with him so he can not open and edit these. I have tried to install on a clone of his system with the same problem. On another system which is the same but for it has office 2007 the applet has worked. The only problem, which it seems might simply be a design flaw is the inability to see shared documents when trying to open from within word. Interestingly, on my system, which is windows7, IE8 and office 2008 I can do everything except open live documents from within word. When I go to 'open from office live' and click on documents it just opens up my windows documents library and I can see none of my live content.

I do hope these issues are fixed. Bill is confused, says 'when I installed the Applet that allowed manuscript editing on the Live desktop it blew up my entire MSOffice package and I had to reinstall the whole thing twice!' EEk.

No comments:

Post a Comment